Poached eggs are great over diced potatoes
- 1 large Egg As fresh as possible
- 4 quarts Water
- Heat water to a boil. Season and reduce heat to a simmer. You want just a few tiny bubbles left on the bottom as bubbles will mess with the egg you are poaching.
- Crack your fresh egg into a ramekin and season. This is your chance to season the yolk well. Swirl the simmering water.
- Swirling water is ready to add the egg
- Gently add the egg to the swirling water; whites first, then yolk last.
- Do not stir again. The whites will swirl around the yolk.
- Cook the egg for 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towel.
- Season egg with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add on top of a potato hash or as part of an eggs Benedict.